Previous savegames are not compatible.Not even 16 months later, a new version of Anamnesis has arrived!
As those of you following the blog know, there have been a series of circumstances leading to me focusing on other matters. Presently I kind of have some free time to invest on the game, which might or might not change in the near future.
During the following days it'd be all about bugfixing and, if time allows it, adding some token new content. After that, I think it's about time to put up a new poll to ask you what you believe should be the new focus of development.
A lot of new systems have been added at once so you'll surely find bugs, just hopefully not the outcast limbo one, which has been fixed for the third or forth time now.
Enjoy the release!
Bugfix1 Released: Fixed the crash for choosing to Stay in Touch with other aristocrats and that silly thing about proficiency of stats working the other way around.
Bugfix2 Released: The "Log" button works again now. Fixed the outcast limbo bug for the fifth time, with a vengeance. This time you can recover limbo-ed characters if you still have the save at hand. Will probably have nightmares about this bug tonight.
Bugfix3 Released: Fixed a bug messing descendants and starting positions in new cycles. Stopped saying "strenght".
- Espionage and Counterespionage: You can now Investigate/Stalk local aristocrats for a variety of outcomes, including personal gain, murder and blackmail. These events vary from one unit and aristocrat to each other. Likewise, some aristocrats will actually be double agents, amplifying any negative effect you suffer and making espionage harder for you, you'll have to investigate them to smoke the traitors out.
- Enhanced Local Aristocrats: They'll die or leave over time, have their own Merits and have lobby affiliations. You will also be able to control them through espionage or by buying their debts. Under your control, you'll be able to use their voting power if they are independent or otherwise help or hinder the lobby they belong to.
- Converting Enemy Units: Befriended Renascents will be available for all tasks at no cost, including combat. Other units can now also be converted by negotiating with them and spending some Merits, but their random events will remain the same, often negative ones for you.
- Lobby Affiliation: You can now be offered to join a lobby depending on the way your character is perceived by others. They will cast your votes in your name, but you'll receive a small amount of favours in exchange. Joining a lobby also generates positive and negative events into which you'll be pressured to partake least you lose favours in the lobby. Being in charge of said lobby will allow you to choose what to do in these events and often pocket plenty of money and Merits for yourself.
- Lobby Units and Proxy Forces: Lobbies now have independent units that aid or hinder you choosing to conquer or attack territories on their own if Local Tension is high enough. You can also employ these forces for military purposes or to carry projects out by spending favours owed to you by their lobby. Enemy lobbies might also form enemy armies if Local Tension is over 100.
- Raising Children and Cycle Continuity: Sometimes you will be given the chance to raise a child when wooing lovers. They might cost you Weariness and/or Arkhe on a weekly basis, but either they or their descendants have a chance to become friendly local aristocrats likely to help you in the next game cycle. Depending on how many successful aristocratic descendants you have, you'll start off in a better or worse position in the next cycle. If you have no descendants, you'll instead recover part of your previous cycle's wealth, allowing you to start better or worse off as well.
- You are now only shown 2 pieces at the start of each game, the rest will appear over time.
- You get to chose which stats will increase and decrease more readily at the beginning of the game. You can also choose them at random or chose to be bad at everything for extra fun.
- Pressing the "V" key in-game will activate the self-voicing feature, in this mode you can press up and down to read out the text on each object.
- Old bugs fixed and new bugs to be discovered!