Previous savegames are not compatible.
There, that's 47 hours, just on time!
Though I admit I stalled playing a few testing games.
This is a weird release halfway between a minor and a mayor one. It incorporates a couple of new important features, but they are not fully realized yet, so I don't know what to make of it or whether I'll bother to announce it outside of the blog.
I might just wait until there are more things to do with aristocrats before sharing it.
Meanwhile, enjoy the release and let me know if something's too broken.
Bugfix1 Released: This fixes a few issues, mostly concerning abilities. You'll also get 2 new units. Saves are compatible.
Bugfix2 Released: This just fixes a bug causing you to be unable to buy a new base when you are an outcast and are fleeing from combat. Saves are still compatible.
- Basic Banking: You can provide loans and ask for them at different interest rates or in exchange of favours.
- Bare Bones Independent Aristocrats: You can meet independent aristocrats before a voting and keep in touch with them through correspondence, but they're underdeveloped yet.
- Maritime trade will now require an initial investment to buy the wares, dependant on the area's wealth. Merchant venturers now start with a little more Arkhe.
- When being an outcast, you'll get a re-roll after failing to hide from an enemy, but you'll have to leave the territory if you chose to do it.
- If an enemy territory is destroyed, the occupying unit will now go on the offensive.
- Local belligerence will have a small influence on investments, trade and loans. The lesser belligerence, the better for business.
- You can now buy land through envoys even from monster units.
- Your character will get 2 extra appearance slots and one slot more for gear and clothes.
- Lots of small fixes and tweaks, especially in the late game.